Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wii Stories and getting active

For our anniversary Zach bought me the Wii Fit, which is the one "game" for the Wii that I really wanted! He figured that at least some of the settings would be mild enough for me to do for the rest of my pregnancy, and he was right! I really enjoy playing the games, and doing the step areobics, however as much as I enjoy the games, it is nothing compared to how much Ethan loves it. Every day he asks to play "Mommy's Wii", then he will get the balance board out from under the couch and will usually spend at least 10 to 20 min skiing, snowboarding, trying to catch fish as a penguin, hitting soccer balls with his head, and even doing some step aerobics himself, but his favorite thing to do is to run with Dad, and boxing (which will come as no surprise to those of you who know and love Ethan well). I never expected him to be able to do anything on the Wii Fit, let alone be better at some of the things than I am, but he is! It has now become one of the things I look forward to (most days) and who would have thought that such a little guy would be such an influence to "get active"?

3 comments:

afacer said...

LOL... he likes the boxing one. Good place to channel his energy! I totally want a Wii fit now... think you could talk my husband into one?

Emily said...

Don't you just love it?! Sometimes the Story's let us borrow theirs and we have so much fun with it! One day we will get one of our own. :)

I'm so glad to hear you got such a fun present - I'm also glad you have a blog!

Cecily R said...

I want to come play with you and Ethan too!!!! I've heard great things about Wii Fit. I've also heard that the stupid Wii is going to be hard to get AGAIN this year. I'm annoyed. And on a mission!