
It always amazes me how fast kids go from one stage to the next, and with that in mind I wanted to record a few of the things that Ethan is doing lately, before I forget. He has recently found the flashlights in the pantry, and now loves to play what I call "the cat game", because I've only ever played it with my cats, you know the one, where you shine the light on the floor or the wall, and then move it right as they are about to pounce on it. Ethan loves this game, in fact it will often keep him occupied for 20-30 min, which is a big deal. Another thing he loves to do is play "the game" as he calls it. We sit on the floor (no where else is acceptable) and Dad, or I, or sometimes both of us hand E Uno cards, which he sorts into piles according to color. Every so often he will put one on the wrong pile, and then wait until he gets the next card to say"nooo" and then laugh and move it to the correct pile. I am not sure if he is trying to test us, or if he just thinks its funny, but I think its cute! I wish I could take credit for either of these games, but they were all Dads invention, he is really good to spend what little free time he has with Ethan, and it is always tons of fun for Ethan!
Ethan also loves to play Candy Land, he dosn't quite get the real rules, but his are just as fun, basically you draw a card (only the ones w/ pictures on them) and then move the pieces to the corrosponding picture. Then all the pieces dance around, it's actually quite fun to watch.
Other favorites include playing with his trains, dancing to the "Pig and Bunny" C.D., which is actually called 25 Silly Songs, playing in the dirt and/or water, going to the park to swing and throw sticks and rocks in the river, running, the Wii of course, playing with the neighbor kids, and reading stories. He really keeps me going, but we have a lot of fun! Not a day goes by that he dosn't make me laugh. We sure are lucky to have him!
4 comments:
He is so cute! And he is getting so big! I hope everything with the pregnancy is going well and you are feeling good! I'm sure exhaustion is part of daily life with a 2 year old! :)
He's so stinkin' cute!!!
He is BRILLIANT, you know that? I love his "game". And that he tries to test you. Or make you laugh. Or both. Brilliant, I tell you!!
He is getting so big. I love "made up" games. They are the best.
Post a Comment