Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Waiting for Fall.

Tonight Zach joined the Mia Maids for their Wednesday night activity. They were having a Fall appreciation night where they colored, made collages, or wrote poems about Fall. So in less than an hour this is what he came up with (I think it's pretty good, and it made me laugh!)

Through heat of Summer, weeks of weeding,
high power bills we wait.
For golden leaves and crisp cool nights
and pumpkins big and great.
We run and play through months of sun,
we're free from any school
But still we wish for Autumn nights
and mornings bright and cool.
You're finally here! Let celebrate
the Jack O Lantern's glow
We step outside to feel the breeze...
Now what is that? It's snow!
Through cold of Winter, high gas bills
we think what time will bring.
After Christmas hurry up
and please make way for Spring!

-Zach West-

3 comments:

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Haha!! Great job Brother West! I loved the poem.

Elisa and Tyler said...

Serioulsy is there anything your husband is not good at?! I swear anything he tries he ROCKS at and I don't think it's very fair :)(Possibly because I am jealous) Love the poem.

Julia said...

What talent!! WTG Brother West!