
Normally when E is playing, he wants me to play too. In fact, I spend most of the day playing pirates, princess and knight, Batman, Spider man, volcano, and any other variety of things he comes up with. Yesterday he ran into the room in his cape, fell to the floor and started straining, or writhing I guess would be the best description, so trying to find out what the game was that were were playing, I asked, "Did you get shot?", he looked at me with a little exasperation and said, "No, I am turning into something", "Oh", I replied, "what are you turning into?" Ethan gave me a slightly annoyed look, but using his respectful tone said, "Mom, I don't have time to talk right now" and promptly ran out of the room, to save some small village I assume. So while I smile at his VERY good imagination (things are so real to him, I am sure that my delaying him was really a big deal!)and I am grateful that he is getting to the point where he can entertain himself for a while, a small part of me is a little sad that he doesn't always need me to play a part in his games anymore. It is so true that they grow up too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment