Sunday, March 14, 2010

Arrrr Matey!

Yesterday we had Ethan's birthday party! We had a lot of fun pretending to be pirates! We made treasure maps

, hunted for buried treasure, and even walked the plank!


Here is Captain Ethan's best pirate face!


Here are the kids watching our volcano island erupt\





I have to say I was pretty pleased with the way the cake turned out. It was my first try making sugar candy (for the lava and skull face on the volcano), and the plan to make it erupt actually worked! It was a huge hit for kids and grown-ups alike!


and this picture..... I just like it!

6 comments:

Christa said...

He could not stop talking about his pirate party today! He even said our opening prayer in class and specifically was thankful that his 'volcano cake erupted'. I hope to be a fun and creative mom like you!

afacer said...

It was a wonderful party – you more than out did yourself! Glad my boys birthdays are before yours or I would be in trouble! Glad he enjoyed it!

Tiffany West said...

You are too nice!, I have always been so impressed with your boys birthday parties too! We should coordinate and have similar themed parties so the fun can last for months!

mary said...

It looks like it was such a fun party! And the cake looks so cool! Kudos to you!! Great job! :)

mary said...

It looks like it was such a fun party! And the cake looks so cool! Kudos to you!! Great job! :)

Swain Family said...

Holy cow, you are the coolest mom ever! That looks like one heck of a party! He makes one handsome pirate! :) Happy Birthday!