


I am not a big fan of snow, mostly because it is cold, but I do have a few fun memories that involve snow and cold, my brother and I working into the dark trying to build a snowman wedding(we built a parson, a bride, a groom, and I believe one bridesmaid and one groomsman before it got so dark and cold that we gave up), buliding a snow dragon, and of couse having a snowball fight with my then boyfriend, and now husband, Sledding with my cousins in "the hollow" (which wasn't, strictly speaking, allowed) christmas lights with my family or friends at Layton Park, and Temple Square, my frist time holding hands with a boy I liked (his name was Brian, I believe he was 10 and I was 8) at the Christmas Village in Ogden. So, while I wasn't terribly excited for the snow I did understand E's excitement when it finally snowed enough to cover the ground, and he begged me all morning to go out and shovel the walk (we purchased a child sized snow-shovel for him after his adventures last year using a small garden shovel :>) When Dad took E out he was ecstatic! He used his shovel to carve out all sorts of patterns in the snow, he "helped" Dad by shoveling the snow from the grass onto the sidewalk (Dad was very good natured about the whole thing) and he even helped me out by getting the stairs shoveled off. Now he is talking about sledding, and snow angels, snowmen, and forts. One thing I can say is that E's excitement is pretty contagious, and I almost, almost want to go running out into the snow and dive in with him. Who knows, maybe I will! and maybe I'll end up loving winter as much as he seems to, but one thing is for sure, I will definitely have many more wonderful winter memories to add to my list, and I am sure they will be some of the best ones of all!
3 comments:
Fun! Kel is continually begging to go in the snow, but until his runny nose clears up all the way I'm the mean mom! :)
He is so cute! Tylee is the same way, but I also am the mean mom until her runny nose and cough are gone. . . snow is off limits!
So I think we were more resilient to the cold when we were kids! I remember getting cold, but that was after I was already numb. lol. Now, I get cold WAY before that, and it seems more painful! :) Jackson would be totally jealous! ;)
Post a Comment