A few weekends ago we went for a hike with some of our family. We had decided to go up Adams Canyon. This was quite a bit harder than any of the other hikes we had taken Ethan on, but we were sure that with a little help, and the company of his Uncles he would be okay. We had gone about halfway up to where we were planning to go, and Ethan and I had fallen behind the group a little when he suddenly dropped to his knees. I turned to him and asked if he was okay, he looked at me and said, "Mommy I can't do it any more, it's too hard! We need to say a prayer. Will you do it?" So we knelt down in the middle of the path, and said a prayer. Afterwards he got up and said, "I'll be okay" and continued on. He did that one more time on the hike, and I couldn't help but be impressed, by his faith and how well he remembers what he needs to do. It was also an answer to my prayers to remember that sometimes when we feel we can't go on, and feel as if the world is against us, we can drop to our knees, wherever we are, and say a prayer. Then we need to get up, and continue on, and more often than not, we will need to turn to our Father in Heaven more than once regarding the same thing, but he is there listening and walking beside us.
Thanks to those of you who are also answers to my prayers, and listen to me when I feel that I don't know what more I can do (you know who you are :))
11 years ago
4 comments:
What a sweet, smart boy! :) Thanks for sharing that story, I needed it today!
Oh, our little "e" is so sweet! You guys are obviously doing a great job as parents! That is seriously the sweetest thing I have ever heard!
Oh, what a sweetheart Ethan is ... and a great example!
Love when kids teach the lessons. What a good boy he is! :)
Post a Comment