11 years ago
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Back ... Finally.
So I dropped off of the face of the earth, but I at least have some sort of an excuse. I am pregnant with our 3rd baby, and while I am excited for the baby, I have been sicker that I can ever remember being, and for longer than I would have liked. I am finally feeling well enough to function, which actually is a drastic improvement. I have to say though that durring this trying time I have learned a lot, and been greatly blessed. I have never been in a situation before where I really NEEDED help, and I was surprized and so grateful for who and where the help came from. I had one sister in my ward come multipul times to take my boys to lunch and then play with her girls, and she even brought our family dinner. Another sister brought over a weeks worth of freezer meals, and that happened to be one of my hardest weeks so she saved my boys from a week of cold cereal for dinner! Another sister gave me a freezer bag full of frozen cooike dough, and really it meant so much to me. I havn't been able to make my boys any treats and she made it possible for me to give them a little normalcy with homeade cookies, and I didn't mind eating them either :). My sister Angie came by one day and cleaned my house and visited with me. Various sisters in my ward were so kind and didn't just offer, but demanded to take my boys for a few hours. Friends have been so kind to respond to our abnormally frequent requests to watch our children for a few hours when Zach had other engagements and I was to sick to move away from the toilet. My Mom came and took my boys one day each week to give me, well actually my boys, a break.I have had many people express concern and in some cases sympathy. My amazing husband has picked up so much slack (I think he may now know a little of what it might be like to be a single parent!) from cleaning and laundry to teaching my Gospel Doctrine lessons on the Sundays when I was too sick to go. My boys have been helpful, and understanding of Mom being sick and boring. I now have a greater appreciation of service, and have refined the ways that I can and will serve others in the future based on this experience. I am so grateful for all of these people in my life, for their Christlike example to me, they did more than just help me through a truly rough time, they taught me important lessons that I will remember for a lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you're doing better! We love seeing you up and about more! Don't you just "love" what our trials teach us?
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Being sick is SO awful especially when you have other kids you need to take care of - I'm so glad you were watched over and people helped out - you definitely deserve all the kindness in the world! Hope you continue to get better.
Post a Comment