Monday, November 8, 2010

The Big 3-0 for the Both of Us!

Better to post late than never! Zach and I both celebrated our 30th birthdays last month! He is older than me by 13 days (which I proudly remind him of every year), so We will start with him!
On Oct 9, 2010 we started our day at 4:00am so that Zach could run his first marathon! And as an added bonus he was able to run the first annual marathon held in our hometown, Layton, UT! He ran all 26 miles and 385 yards in an awesome time of 4 hours 36 minutes and 31 seconds! In true Zach fashion, he is already planning on running another Marathon. Almost as soon as he finished he told me that now that he knows what it is like to run one, he knows a few ways to improve his time, and that he knows he can do better! I love his ambition and drive to always do and be more!
So I am a nerd, and I was really excited, so here is the bus as he was getting on at 5am.

Grandma and the boys waiting for Zach to cross the finish line.

Here he is crossing the finish line!

Zach's Mom and oldest brother came to support him!

Here we are with him after the race!


For my birthday my wonderful husband and amazing family threw me a surprise birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant, The Spaghetti Factory! Much to all their credit, I didn't suspect a thing, and was completely surprised! I really felt loved and appreciated, and was so glad to be able to celebrate my "old age" with them all! Here are a few pictures from that night!

My brother and sisters (minus our youngest 2 brothers)

My family (again minus my two youngest brothers)

This is my Aunt Peg and I. We share a birthday, and I have always loved it!

Zach and I holding the age appropriate sucker given to me by my Fabulous sister Angie, who by the way will be the next one in my family to turn 30 :)


If our 30's continue how they began, our 20's will pale in comparison!

3 comments:

Swain Family said...

HOLY CRAP YOU ARE OLD! hahahahaha. But you sure can party! Congrats all around! And you look freaking fabulous... so 30 must not be so bad! :)

Emily said...

How exciting - Happy birthday to you both!!I'm a little nervous for thirty myself, but Shayne will be celebrating it next month.

What a fun thing to have a surprise birthday party and way to go Zach on the marathon - wahooo!!

Camille said...

You survived 30!!! Kasey and I hit the 3-0 next year. What an accomplishment for Zach to run a marathon!!!!