Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of "Real School"


Yesterday was E's second first day of Pre-school! This time he goes to what he calls, "the real school", and he absolutely LOVED it! His teacher is wonderful, and at back to school night talked to him about how they would sing and play games, and learn. She gave him a smiley face pencil to bring to school in his pencil box (I don't think she could have given him a toy and had it go over better.) She also told him the smiley face pencil was to remind him to bring his smiling face to school with him. He did remember his smiling face, and brought with it a LOT of excitement. When I came to get him, he ran out to tell me it was so fun and he likes his new friends! He told me how they went on a bear hunt, and the bear in his brain had BIG green eyes, and in his brain it scared him, but it was fun (he really has a great imagination). He has been going on bear hunts for two days now, and actually remembers almost all the words to the song..... I was impressed. Noah is well on his way to singing it right along with him. Ethan also made an "Ethan" necklace with a star with his name on it and straws.
He was too cute when he told me, "Look Mom, now I have my own necklace so I don't have to play with yours anymore!" He was so proud of it! I am so grateful for his great attitude, and his ability to adjust well, and with excitement to new situations. He is one great kid!

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

He is too cute! :) Yeah for Real School! :)

Emily said...

What a cute guy! It's so exciting for them and for you when they get to start school!!