Saturday, April 10, 2010

Projects

We have been in project mode at our house for a while now, so I thought I would share some of our fun.
Some of you have seen our new green wall, we had a lot of fun doing it, however we are far from done! We still have the rest of the open area in our house to paint, but since those walls will not be green we are taking a little break from painting for awhile.



Next Zach took on the HUGE challenge of reupholstering our chairs. You may notice that the cushion is missing, that is because that is my part of the project, and having never done piping, or cushions I am a little hesitant, and therefore a little slower in getting it done.I did sew a few pieces together for the chair, and I ironed the old fabric out to make a pattern, helped pin, and cover buttons so I wasn't a complete slacker, but the credit all goes to him for how it turned out! I am so impressed with him, he did an AWESOME job! Now we just need to do the second one......
This picture is after we took off the fabric, and he started the process of reupholstering, you can see the fun indentations in the chair very well here, we thought that that would be the hardest part, but Zach said that it turned out to be fairly easy, and that pulling the buttons through wasn't hard either, just time consuming. Covering the buttons turned out to be the hardest part so far :)

Here is what they looked like before and after:


And a close up to see the fabric a little better!

The final project I will post, though there are still other projects in the works, are the burp cloths and diaper pad that I made for my newest niece Sydnee! They were really simple, but I think they turned out well!


Hopefully the rest of our projects will turn out as well as these did!

7 comments:

afacer said...

Those chairs look AWESOME!!! I can't believe they are the same ones.... I should've fought for them. LOL. And the stuff for Sydnee is adorable as well. Makes me want to get on some projects.
BTW - Is that Ethan with a paint brush?! You are much braver than me! :)

Christa said...

You two are so talented! I love the diaper pad and your paint color choice.

Swain Family said...

Ok first - Ya for the green! I love the color! Second - the chairs look amazing! And third - how do I order me some burp cloths and a diaper pad? Seriously, what do you charge? They are SO cute!

Camille said...

How fun. I love the feeling of accomplishment!!! Your house looks great.

Katy said...

LOVE the Chairs Tiff! Im with Ang, Should have Faught for those Tooth and Nail! and Lovin the Green! Miss you Guys

Elisa and Tyler said...

The chairs look AMAZING!! Good job to both of you! You guys sure are keeping busy! I must say I LOVE the burp cloths and chaging pad you made! I actually used the changing pad tonight!
Can't wait to come over and see the finished projects!

mary said...

You guys have done such a good job!! And I LOVE those chairs!!