



Girls camp this year was an adventure! We were quite soggy for most of camp, and even had one of our tents flood, so we had to move up to one of the cabins, but all in all it was a great time! I have to say that I was really impressed with the whole of girls camp this year! I would even venture to say that it was the BEST Girls Camp I have ever been to! The activities that they had planned were the perfect balance of fun, learning, and spirituality.
They had a GREAT idea for certification they turned it into a carnival, so that at every other station you would do something to certify, and then do a carnival game, or get a snow cone or cotton candy. I thought it was brilliant, and the girls had a great time!
They also had a Master Magician come and do a little fireside type talk. He compared the tricks of his trade, to the tricks that Satan uses, and he did an excellent job, not to mention he was very good at magic too. I think he really got through to a lot of the girls, and I really appreciated what he had to say too.
They also had two "graduated" Young Women come and talk to the girls, and they were both amazing! They were very good at relating to the girls and bringing the spirit to the campfires!
The hike was a lot of fun, though a little muddy. It was really fun to have some one on one, time with some of the girls! I was especially happy to be able to reconnect with some of the Beehives that I served with last time I was in Young Women's! They are now Laurels and really have grown so much, and I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the example they are to me.
My favorite part by far though, was getting to know each of the girls a little better, and building better friendships with the women I am privileged to serve with. The girls got along so well, and they all really made an effort to have a good time and to make sure that all of the other girls had a good time too! I was so impressed by how well some of them listened to the speakers, and the effort they immediately made to apply the things they learned to their lives. I was impressed by their insights, and blown away by their willingness to help and lift one another, and lifted myself by their testimonies.
I have always been impressed by the leaders I serve with, but I have found an even deeper respect and love for each of them. I am impressed with how much effort they all put in, and how much they love the gospel and their Savior. I know that the girls really benefited from having them there, I know I did!
I am so glad I was able to go! I missed all my boys terribly, but it was so worth it to be there!
A big thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me go, and my Mom and sister Angie who helped with watching our boys, and to saintly neighbors who ran to the store for formula at 11:00pm so Zach didn't have to get Ethan up to go.
1 comment:
Great post! Although it was wet girl's camp was great, and I was so glad that you got to go. I am excited for youth conference. Just so you know you are not allowed to have Benadryl...it makes you say some crazy things like Ibpotion!
Post a Comment