
I am sure it is not uncommon for a younger brother to adore his older brother, but I love that Noah does. I think that E may be his favorite person in the world. Every time E leaves to go to pre-school Noah looks at me, lowers his eyebrows, and frowns while motioning at E. I say, "You want Ethan?" and his eyebrows pop up, a smile lights up his face, and he enthusiastically nods his head. I tell him E will be back soon, and try to distract him by playing. I think he is just humoring me though because I think if he could, he would tell me, "that's not the way Ethan does it!"

Zach tells me that when he is at church walking the halls with Noah, he will walk by the primary to check on E, and if Noah sees E that's the end of any peace walking may have accomplished. Noah will reach for E, and start crying, and calling "BUH BUH!" While Zach was telling me this he joked that he is 3rd on Noah's list of important people, but at least he is only below family members.

Everything E does, Noah tries! I keep thinking that Noah is FEARLESS, and he is, but I realized that he knows he will be okay because E did it, and he trusts E completly. He watches E climb to the top of the slide and go down, so Noah does too. He watches E go down to the water's edge to throw sticks or rocks in, so Noah does too. He watches E play Batman, so Noah does too. He watches E pray, and so Noah does too. He watches E go potty, so Noah sits on the toliet too (how I wish I could say Noah does too :>)He watches E laugh, and so Noah does too. He watches E play swords, so Noah does too!

I can see how E really is such an important influence in Noah's life, and it makes me grateful for the person E is, and who he is becoming!
I am so grateful for them, for the people they are, for what they teach me, and for the love that Noah has for his older brother, and the love that E has for his younger brother. It is sometimes so strange to be the mother in the family (I am used to being a sister), but it is truly wonderful to watch their relationship develop, and to see the bonds that they are forming at such a young age!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, don't you just love it! :) Pete and Re-Pete are their names at our house! lol! It's the coolest thing in the whole world!
I have 3 boys and my two youngest are 18 months apart and they are the same way. For the most part...inseperable. The little one doesnt want to do anything unless it includes his brother!
Post a Comment