
Well, our poor family has been sick for almost a week now, and it has not been a good time. However, last night Ethan and I had a conversation that made me smile, and it almost made being sick worth it, almost...
After Ethan stalled going to bed for the fourth time (water, potty, kisses, etc.)I put him back in bed and told him that he needed to get some sleep so that he would feel better.
He looked at me and asked, "Why?"
So wanting to be the mother who answers questions with the real answers, but trying to explain it in a way he could understand I said, "Because there are germs in your body who are the bad guys and they make you sick, and you have an immune system, those are the good guys, who fight the germs, and they need you to sleep so they can fight the germs better."
Ethan, with big eyes, and a tone of reverence asked, "They fight with swords?"
"Um, no they kind of eat them.", then at the look of horror on Ethan's face I re-evaluate the desire to be completely honest, "Just kidding, it is swords."
Ethan laughs, and then gets a perplexed look on his face, "Mommy, I don't eat worms."
Now my mind is back tracking trying to figure out how we got to worms, then a smile as I realise, "not worms honey, germs."
Ethan, still looking confused, "Oh."
"You can't see germs, they just get in your body and make you sick."
Then his eyes lit up and he said, "Oh, then they get in my mouth, go down my throat to my belly?!"
"Yes, that's right."
Ethan, now with a satisfied expression, and a confident tone "Okay, down my throat to my belly."
I try not to laugh as I kiss him one last time and tuck him into bed, thinking, he is one smart kid!
6 comments:
He is a smart kid and you are such a good mommy!!!
Love it! And you are a good mom - I probably would've gone with because it's bedtime and you're tired! Hope you're all feeling better... oh and sod party at our house next Thursday... details to follow! Love you!
So cute, Tiffany! I hope you all start feeling better!
You are such a good mom! I am with Ang I would have said cause it's bed time. Love you guys! Hope you feel better!!
I love how those tiny brains work. He is one smart cookie.
Hahaha - I wouldn't know quite how to explain it either. What a smartie pants!
Post a Comment