Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still here!

Wow! Life sure does get busy when you add an extra child to the equation, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I haven't really had time to keep up on this blog, but since the whole point of starting this was to document the things that are going on I thought I would do a little update.
Ethan is loving being a big brother. He is so good with Noah, and is always concerned when he cries. He loves to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to Noah, and is always giving him hugs and kisses. Our biggest problem is that Ethan doesn't understand that babies don't like to play "conk" (this is where Ethan conks his head against your head, a game suitable for Dad's and Uncles, not Mom's and brothers).
Noah is a sweet baby and he loves to cuddle! He almost sleeps through the night and is quick to smile. He loves to look at lights and people, and has even laughed a time or two. I can't believe how fast they grow up, and Noah seems to be growing faster than Ethan did!
I am starting to figure out a schedule that works for me to play with both the boys, clean the house, work out, study, laundry (why does it double when you just add one little baby? :O)) spend time with Zach and get meals done, etc.. It doesn't sound like a lot, but on the days I fit everything in I feel as if I have won a major victory!
Zach is still working mostly from home, which has advantages and disadvantages, just like everything else. I try not to bug him too much, or let Ethan bug him, but some days he is just too convenient! I would like to tell you that he now has tons of free time, and that he is doing all the things he's always wanted to, but the funny thing about freeing up a part of your schedule is that it fills itself up again rather quickly. It has been really nice for Ethan, Noah and I to see more of him, and we have filled up a lot of the "free time" with family time, so no one is really complaining.
Well, that is about it for now, hopefully I will be better from now on at posting.

P.S. for anybody who reads this that has a sweet tooth, but is trying to be good and watch what they eat, my amazing husband has done it again and invented a treat recipe that tastes guilty, but isn't. So if you have an ice cream maker give this a try and tell us what you think!

Mix the following in a bowl:
2 1/2 cups milk
1/8 (1/2 a pkg) cup sugar free instant pudding mix (chocolate is my fav so far)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar
Then pour in your ice cream maker and enjoy!

4 comments:

Camille said...

You are looking great by the way....Your exercising is paying off. I was wondering how you slimmed down so fast...makes sense when there are two kids to keep track of, not to mention a house to take care of!!! I am excited to work with you and get to know you better!!!

mary said...

That recipe sounds yummy! Maybe we'll try it next FHE night and let you know what we think!... It's it amazing how busy being a mom keeps you? You're handling adding a new little one so well! You guys are awesome!

Emily said...

It's so crazy how one little additional body in the home creates so much more work and so less time! Ethan sounds like such a sweet brother and you are so lucky to have such a calm baby!

Julia said...

Your boys are so adorable! How did you figure out a schedule so quickly?! I'm so impressed! I'm still trying! ;-) We love your cute family!